When I'm not in my right mind my left mind gets pretty crowded.

Monday, November 14, 2011

November Sharing from the Heart Blog Hop

Welcome to Novembers Sharing from the Heart blog hop . If you arrived here from Diana's blog you're in the right place. This is my first foray into the world of blog hops, so please bear with me if I did this in my own quirky way.
The theme this month is a triple treat. Stamp of the Month, Thanksgiving and Christmas gift ideas.
Well my SOM didn't arrive yet so I'm going with Christmas gift ideas and Thanksgiving.
I'm in the midst of Christmas craft show prep so I have some cute treat containers to show .

These are for the pets in your life or your friends pets. Just a wee inexpensive doggie treat to show you care. I used the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge for the 3" fry boxes, the 3-1/4" bag toppers and the mini door hanger boxes. I used this seasons CTMH BELIEVE paper pack. Our new papers are great for this purpose as they are a heavier card-stock weight as well having double sided patterns.
The cute puppy is from the Designers Calendar Cricut cartridge. The cello bags are ones I use for my cards to protect them at shows. The slender ones are from a packaging store made for pretzels.

As we already celebrated Thanksgiving in Canada in October I happen to have one card left over to show you. I used my favourite retired fall paper pack Olivia with the stamp set Captured Moments to make this season of thanks card.

I used the rock and roll technique to create the multi-coloured leaves on the tree. Barn Red card-stock has been scored to create a series of lines that have been lightly sanded. The greeting is done on the back side of a bamboo coloured paper which has a strip of 3-D foam tape to give it some height to create the look of folded ribbon. The leaf just happened to fall off my Halloween mask from last year so I added it to balance the greeting portion and add a bit of brightness. Barn red brads finish the sentiment strip. Now off you go to  Elizabeth's  blog for more inspiration.

6 comments:

  1. Great projects. I love your doggy gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fall card! I like the embossing.
    Wendy K.
    www.MyScrapbookingBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those treat containers are too cute! Great looking projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute doggie treats and lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects and what a great idea for doggie treats!

    ReplyDelete