When I'm not in my right mind my left mind gets pretty crowded.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December Blog Hop

This month we are showing Christmas cards and New years Cards in our blog hop.  You may have arrived here from Lori's blog or just stumbled upon mine. However you got here this hop is a continuous loop so dont forget to hop through the various blogs to see the wonderful ideas we are showing to inspire you .
This past weekend I made 65  cards to send to relatives and friends. Good thing I bought the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. What a time saver it is. Here is a sampling of the cards I made. You may notice some designs are cased from various blogs I follow, to those originators I extend my thanks for your inspiration ( and apologize that I didn't think to save your blog name in my files.)

this first one is a 3-D door card using tulip cardstock , jingle stripe, green leaf side of splendor, green gingham ribbon, white CS and bronze brad (for the door knob) plus the wreath shape from the AP cartridge. I made one of these for each of my DH's siblings in various colours to go with their house colours. (7 in total)




 These use the stamp set Remarkable Wreath. I have tried to use this set before but the sparseness of the twig wreath always bothered me so this time I tried stamping it three times with Pear, Topiary and New England Ivy inks and I LOVE it now. I used a shape from the Cricut essentials cartridge on my new anniversary 2 edition cricut machine- matted with Pear CS.  A cuttlebug Christmas sentiment embossing folder creates a textural background. (I made 18 of these in 4 colourways)

In this version I made a Z card with the same Cricut shape but used a snowflake embossing folder the inside is only half embossed to allow room for a message. (I made 20 of these)




This card uses the AP cartridge to cut the shape to match the December 25th stamp set. Cutting the shape 1/4 " larger in red CS for a mat didn't create the border I wanted so I cut it in half, overlapped the middle and added cranberry ribbon to hide the joint. Added to an embossed Z card (love this shape) it creates an easy but elegant card ( I made 20 of these )


This is my New years card using a set I got in a surprise package last year. Ring in the New Year is retired but I just had to use that martini glass . I used black CS and scored it on the diagonal every 1/8th inch , then sanded it to reveal the white core. the only colour is the silver glitter on the hour glass and the edges of all the white pieces plus the black Opaques on the hourglass and the exclamation point. This is a tall skinny card 3" x 8" .
Well that's it for me this time , now hop on over to Lela's blog to check out her holiday offerings.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love all the texture on your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love the 3D door card and the texture on all of them is just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I really like the Z cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cards, I think the New Year's one is my favorite.
    Wendy K.
    www.MyScrapbookingBlog.com

    ReplyDelete